Saturday, August 13, 2011

It needed Yo-Yo's!

Ahhh, project completion. I even hand sewed. And I HATE hand sewing! (I of course tried it on my machine, but then decided to follow the directions!!!) Anyway, I first tried a couple different fabric flower ideas, and finally decided on Yo-Yo flowers with little buttons in the center. (For my non-sewing friends, this type of fabric flower is called a yo-yo flower.....it gets used on quilts often!)  It had been a while since I've made one (and my last one wasn't so hot!), so I used Heather Bailey's tutorial HERE and it was really simple actually. I sewed the yo-yos, then put a little button in the middle to cover the raw edges and then sewed them on like buttons! Wa-la!


Final Product (yay!):




Here's a close-up of the Yo-Yo's (I made her yo-yo barrette too over a ribbon covered alligator clip....it's a sparkly button in the middle!)



All in all, a satisfying project! Kara has requested more flower barrettes, so I suppose more hand-sewing is in my future :/  The things we do for those we love! :)

Let me know what you think!

3 comments: