Saturday, October 29, 2011

Still sew crazy!

Well, it's been a while since I blogged! I've still been sewing though! Sometimes I'm just glad to get the sewing in, and taking the time to blog falls to the wayside!

I do have a post coming about Kara's Halloween costume, but I'm not totally done with the accessories! She wanted to be Rapunzel, a la "Tangled"...and I still need to make the hair! Nothing like waiting until the last minute! I love how her dress turned out though!!!!!

Anyway, I do want to share with you my latest project- a shirt for ME! I went to see Tim Gunn here in town at a Lucky Brand fashion show, and was inspired by some of the tops in the fashion show! There were many peasant tops that were flowy and soooo pretty...I knew I could make one, or two ;) I found some fabric in my stash that I thought would work for this time of year and beyond...and here's what I ended up with. This is New Look 6937.


I combined View B and D, but did elastic at the bottom instead of the drawstring. I took some fabric out of the back (narrow back adjustment) because it was kinda puffy, but maybe I took out too much? When I was wearing it I felt I had plenty of room at the bottom though, so maybe it's just this picture?! :) I like the piping at the neckline, though I did have to fiddle with it a bit (okay, a LOT) :) All in all, I'm pretty happy how it turned out!

It was nice to sew for ME! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment